Armed Security Officer
The Armed Security Officer is a fulltime position based at a private client site in McLean, VA. The primary role is to ensure a safe and secure environment for the client’s staff, visitors, government officials, and government and private assets while ensuring compliance with the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Department of Criminal Justice Services’ (DCJS) regulations.
- Providing access control for vehicle and pedestrian traffic to the client site and enforcing visitor regulations;
- Inspecting and controlling access of materials into facilities;
- Conducting security checks of assigned structures, areas, and property grounds;
- Patrolling the property as scheduled/required;
- Maintaining activity logs and composing activity reports as required;
- Documenting and/or investigating security incidents;
- Complying with all security rules and regulations;
- Acting as an on-duty liaison for local law enforcement, emergency medical and fire officials as needed; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma;
- At least one year of armed security guard experience, preferably in a diplomatic residence;
- Ability to acquire and maintain certification as an Armed Security Officer in accordance with Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS);
- Have the legal right to work in the United States;
- Fluent in English;
- Ability to pass a background check, physical endurance and agility test, psychological exam, and other assessments as required;
- Experience developing incident response plans;
- Ability to effectively communicate security-related concepts/concerns to all levels of personnel;
- General knowledge of physical security, information security, access control systems, and security-related technology including, but not limited to, cameras, recording devices, motion detection systems, etc.;
- General knowledge of relevant laws and regulations that govern the protection of information security and physical assets;
- Proven ability to apply sound judgment and use discretion when dealing with sensitive information;
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and communication (both written and oral) skills;
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel and familiarity with the Apple/Mac Operating System;
- Certified hazardous material response training experience preferred;
- Ability to meet the established physical demands required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job (see below).
Physical Demands and Environment:
Environment: Ability to be exposed to outside weather conditions including cold temperatures below 32 degrees for more than one hour at a time and extreme hot temperatures above 100 degrees for more than one hour at a time;
Physical abilities: Standing for extended periods of time, picking up and carrying objects of up to 20 to 50 pounds, stooping and kneeling, descending ladders and stairs, and walking extended distances when performing foot patrols or other job requirements. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.