Exe. Director for Business Operations
Red Five has an exciting opportunity for experienced business operations professional to become part of our team.
The Executive Director will take ownership of business operations of the company, ensuring the administrative, human resources, business development, contract administration, information technology, and related finance elements run effectively and efficiently in a manner that allows client- facing Red Five personnel to focus on service delivery. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in all areas of business operations for a medium-sized company and possesses highly effective leadership and decision-making skills.
- SUPERVISE THE WORK OF THE COMPANY’S OUTSOURCED HR, MARKETING, AND IT SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND OVERSEE ALL VENDOR AND SUBCONTRACTOR RELATIONSHIPS AS THEY RELATE TO THE COMPANY’S BUSINESS OPERATIONS.
- MANAGE THE CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR AND OFFICE MANAGER AND THEIR RELATED BUSINESS FUNCTIONS.
- PROVIDE LEADERSHIP OVER THE HUMAN RESOURCES (HR) OPERATION BY WORKING IN CONCERT WITH THE OUTSOURCED HR PARTNERS IN ALL FUNCTIONAL AREAS, INCLUDING: EMPLOYMENT POLICIES, RECRUITING, WORKFORCE PLANNING, ONBOARDING, OFFBOARDING, EMPLOYEE RELATIONS, TALENT MANAGEMENT/DEVELOPMENT, COMPENSATION, TRAINING, EMPLOYEE BENEFITS AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT.
- SUPPORT THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) OPERATION BY COORDINATING WITH THE DIRECTOR OF IT SECURITY AND THE OUTSOURCED IT PARTNERS IN ALL FUNCTIONAL AREAS, INCLUDING: SERVICE DESK SUPPORT, IT POLICIES AND BEST PRACTICES, IT SECURITY, NETWORK MANAGEMENT, HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE IMPLEMENTATION AND MAINTENANCE, AND SYSTEM CONFIGURATION.
- OVERSEE ALL ASPECTS OF THE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FUNCTION, INCLUDING PROPOSAL GENERATION/COORDINATION, NETWORKING WITH INDUSTRY INFLUENCERS AND STAKEHOLDERS, SUPPORTING THE LEADERSHIP TEAM’S BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EFFORTS, IMPROVING CLIENT SATISFACTION, AND PR EFFORTS.
- PLAY A KEY ROLE IN THE STRATEGIC PLANNING PROCESS BY DEVELOPING AN OPERATIONS PLAN AND MONITORING PROGRESS AGAINST THE PLAN TO ENSURE THAT THE COMPANY ATTAINS ITS OBJECTIVES IN A COST-EFFECTIVE AND EFFICIENT MANNER.
- PROVIDE STRATEGIC ADVICE AND GUIDANCE TO THE CEO AND THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
- COORDINATE WITH THE FINANCE TEAM ON THE PREPARATION OF THE ANNUAL OPERATING BUDGET
- ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE IN THE WEEKLY BUSINESS PLAN REVIEW MEETINGS AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT MEETINGS.
- PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS REQUIRED OR APPROPRIATE.
- BACHELOR’S DEGREE REQUIRED, MBA PREFERRED;
- CERTIFICATION AS A PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL (PMP) PREFERRED;
- AT LEAST 15 YEARS OF SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS OPERATIONS EXPERIENCE IN THE SECURITY OPERATIONS/CONSULTING OR RELATED INDUSTRY;
- AT LEAST 8 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN A SENIOR-LEVEL MANAGERIAL ROLE;
- AT LEAST 5 YEARS OF SUCCESSFUL PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE, INCLUDING THE MANAGEMENT OF PERSONNEL, BUDGETS, AND SCHEDULES;
- EXPERIENCE LEADING BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EFFORTS FOR A MEDIUM-SIZED COMPANY;
- EXPERIENCE MANAGING PRIVATE SECTOR CONTRACTS;
- EXPERIENCE MANAGING HR, IT, AND OFFICE ADMINISTRATION FUNCTIONS FOR A MEDIUM-SIZED COMPANY.
- DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS IN FINANCIAL PLANNING AND FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY AND EXPERIENCE WORKING DIRECTLY WITH A CFO OR CONTROLLER;
- EXPERIENCE MANAGING OUTSOURCED SUPPORT VENDORS, SUBCONTRACTORS, AND CONTRACTORS;
- SKILLED IN ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT WITH A PROVEN TRACK RECORD OF SUCCESSFULLY MANAGING THE WORKFLOW AND BUSINESS PROCESSES IN A FAST-MOVING ENVIRONMENT;
- FAMILIARITY WITH ERM SYSTEMS;
- EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE USING PROJECT MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE;
- EXPERIENCE USING MICROSOFT WORD, EXCEL, AND POWERPOINT;
- EXPERIENCE WITH GOOGLE DOCS, GMAIL, AND GOOGLE DRIVE;
- FAMILIARITY WITH THE APPLE/MAC OPERATING SYSTEM;
- MUST POSSESS AUTHORIZATION TO LEGALLY WORK FOR ANY EMPLOYER IN THE UNITED STATES;
- MUST SUBMIT TO AN EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND CHECK, INCLUDING CRIMINAL HISTORY, PERSONAL REFERENCES, EMPLOYMENT AND EDUCATION VERIFICATIONS, MOTOR VEHICLE, DRUG TESTING, AND CREDIT CHECK AS APPLICABLE;
- FLUENT IN ENGLISH; AND
- AVAILABLE TO TRAVEL (DOMESTICALLY) AS REQUIRED.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- ABILITY TO HANDLE CONFIDENTIAL MATTERS WITH APPROPRIATE SENSITIVITY, DISCRETION, AND PROFESSIONALISM;
- PROVEN ABILITY TO MULTI-TASK AND PRIORITIZE, AND EXCELLENT ORGANIZATION SKILLS;
- EXCELLENT WRITTEN AND ORAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS;
- PROVEN RECORD OF PROVIDING EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL PARTIES;
- DEMONSTRATED POISE, TACT, AND DIPLOMACY;
- PROVEN TRACK RECORD OF EXCEPTIONAL ETHICAL CONDUCT;
- EXCELLENT CRITICAL THINKING, ANALYSIS, JUDGMENT, AND PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS;
- ABILITY TO WORK INDEPENDENTLY AND WITHIN A TEAM; AND
- PROVEN MATURITY, RELIABILITY, COMPOSURE, AND STABILITY UNDER PRESSURE.
Red Five is a concierge security company committed to delivering bespoke security solutions that meet or exceed our clients’ needs. Our team has extensive experience in security operations and intelligence, security design and engineering, threat and vulnerability assessments, investigations, and have trained corporate and government security professionals around the globe. Red Five clients include Fortune 50 corporations, law enforcement, military, intelligence organizations and high networth families.
The Red Five team includes seasoned experts from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Central Intelligence Agency, the U.S. Secret Service and the Departments of State, Defense and Energy, as well as accredited security design specialists. We hire experienced and talented individuals and provide them with extensive ongoing training as well as a highly competitive benefits package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected class.